|Costume contest with $100s in prizes at MIDNIGHT's Halloween Party on 10/29!
||[Oct. 26th, 2011|01:07 pm]
The countdown is over! This Saturday, Midnight hosts one of its biggest events of the year--our 9th annual Halloween Party. As always, it features a costume contest with hundreds of dollars in cash prizes. DJs DuJour, Gleek, and Sexpot will get you dancing; Exclusively Me Jewelry vends; we're hosting a promo for vampirefreaks.com; and The Meeting Place is offering some devilishly tempting beverage specials. You can also expect extra spooky decorations, prizes in our drawing, free candy, and more--all for just our usual $5.00 cover!|
You don't have to wear a costume this Saturday, of course (we never enforce a dress code). But shortly after the witching hour those who do will be eligible to participate in Midnight's annual contest and to win cash (grand prize is $150, and there'll be several others as well). As in past years, the judging won't be by some secret cabal of snooty gnomes, but by our guests themselves. So be sure to bring out your friends to vote and increase your chances of winning!
IN THE DJ BOOTH
Midnight's always all about the music, and for this party we've booked two of our resident DJs and a guest who're not only request-friendly but also tuned in to some of most danceable and newest scene hits. Joining the highly talented DuJour and Gleek behind the decks will be guest DJ Sexpot (aka Ben).
Since making his professional debut at Midnight several years ago, Sexpot has guested at numerous other scene events--including Ambrosia, Ascension, and Bound. Lately he spends most of his time in Europe, where the gothic/industrial scene is far more vibrant than in the U.S. Don't miss this chance to catch some of his stompy sets!
DRINK AND FOOD SPECIALS
The Meeting Place is offering us treats, not tricks, at the bar, starting with two-for-one beverages from 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. Buy one qualifying drink at the full/regular price during that hour, and you're entitled to another of the same free any time prior to last call (around 2:45 a.m.).
Afterwards, from 10:00 'til close, TMP's other Saturday bargains kick in. You can now order any "call brand" cocktail (think Jack, Jim, Ciroc, Johnny, Captain, etc.) for just $7.00, beers (ALL of them--domestic & imported, bottles & draft) or "rail drinks" for $5.00, and lemon drop shots for only $3.00. Those prices include the tax.
Hungry? TMP serves its full menu until about 1:30 a.m. Order something from the appetizer list and you'll save 20% off the price of that item.
EXCLUSIVELY ME JEWELRY WILL VEND
Mouse (aka Beth) will be back in the house this Saturday, along with another remarkable collection of finely crafted, and very affordable, handmade jewelry. A graduate of the Savannah College of Art and Design, she's currently a professional jewelry designer and creator in Fairfax, VA. Don't see just the necklace, earrings, etc., that you'd like? Then ask her about custom design work. Check with her, too, regarding repair jobs and design lessons. For a preview of some of EMJ's wares, look over its site (http://www.exclusivelymejewelry.tumblr.com).
NATURALLY THERE'S MORE...
* EXTRAS FOR HALLOWEEN -- The Meeting Place will be decked out with extra spooky decorations on the 29th, and we'll have lots of free candy for you to munch. DJs DuJour and Gleek have contributed a bunch of black, helium-filled balloons with skulls on them. Many of these will have strings attached, and you can take one if you like.
* VAMPIREFREAKS PROMO -- We're also hosting a promo party for Vampirefreaks, a super gothic/industrial social networking community with over 1.5 million members. Their site also boasts digital music and clothing stores, band interviews, and more. VF (http://vampirefreaks.com) has sent us some shirts, stickers, buttons, and matches to give away. So don't miss your shot at some freebies!
* DON'T MISS THE DRAWING... -- Track down our literature table when you arrive, fill out one of the drawing slips, and place it in the nearby cauldron. This week you could win a $25.00 bar tab, courtesy of The Meeting Place; a DVD, including a copy of "Control," the film about Joy Division; or a CD. Good luck!
* OR THE FREE CAKE -- Look for free cake to be served shortly after the costume contest. H.B. to Elisabeth, Sakinah, Colleen, Jade, Alex, Kristina, Brendan, Claire, Eric, Lauren, Suzie, and Kimber. And best anniversary wishes to DJs Witch and Strange!
* ADMISSION DISCOUNTS -- Despite all the extras, our Halloween Party cover remains a mere $5.00--making it the least expensive scene event for the holiday in town. In addition, some discount deals are available. The first dozen folks in line at opening enter absolutely free. And if you present your school ID (includes staff) at the cash table, you'll pay only $3.00!
Midnight's been doing Halloween right since 2003, and we hope you'll come out to join our 9th annual celebration of this most gothic of holidays. We know you'll have a devilishly good time!
-- Scott & the Midnight crew
* VOLUNTEERS NEEDED -- We could use a few extra volunteers to help with set-up and breakdown this Saturday. Interested? Write Scott directly at email@example.com
OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS
Sunday, October 30 -- Celebrate Claire's b'day & her first art show from 2:00-4:00 p.m. at Artomatic (space 68 B) in Frederick (http://www.artomaticfrederick.org).
Wednesday, November 16 -- Peter Murphy and She Wants Revenge perform live at the 9:30 Club (815 V Street NW, Washington) [http://www.930.com].
MIDNIGHT at The Meeting Place, 1707 L Street NW, Washington, D.C. (202-293-7755)
* now in our 9th year of operation
* 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. on Saturday nights
* bar is now open until 2:45 a.m.
* 1/2 block from the Farragut North Metro (subway) station
* ages 18 to dance, 21 to drink (you MUST show valid ID to enter)
* $5.00 cover, first 12 guests admitted free, other discounts weekly
By the freaks, for the freaks!
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org