|MIDNIGHT, 6/11--DuJour, Vampkat, Paura, big drink discounts, Exclusively Me!
||[Jun. 8th, 2011|12:07 pm]
This Saturday our venue, The Meeting Place, is offering us more drink specials than ever--including just $6.00 plus tax for cocktails made from "top shelf" brands from 10:00 to close! Come out and enjoy some real savings, while dancing to music spun by DJs DuJour, Vampkat, and Paura, shopping with Exclusively Me Jewelry, celebrating several b'days, and more!|
IN THE DJ BOOTH
The always request friendly DJs DuJour, a longtime Midnight resident, and Vampkat, a recent addition to our lineup who's a "regular guest," will be joined behind the decks by DJ Paura, who's making a rare D.C. visit from Florida.
During his Washington days, Paura served as Midnight's house photographer, guested at numerous clubs (including Bound and Tomb), founded de Sade, and hosted the periodic Atlantis gatherings which showcased local artistic and poetry talent, including his own. Expect his usual lively and eclectic mix as he spins for us early in the evening.
SUPER DRINK DISCOUNTS!
The Meeting Place has really slashed prices for us this weekend. From 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. you can enjoy the normal two-for-one deal. Buy one qualifying beverage at full price during that hour, and you're entitled to another of the same free any time prior to last call (usually around 2:45 a.m.). Then, from 10:00 'til close, the super specials kick in!
* $3.00 + tax -- lemon drop shots
* $4.00 + tax -- all beers (domestic & imported, bottled & draft)
* $4.00 + tax -- all "rail drinks"
* $6.00 + tax -- all "call brand" cocktails, including all "top shelf" booze (except cognac)
Save big on Jack, Johnny Walker, Grey Goose, Jameson, and ALL other vodkas, rums, bourbons, etc., that usually cost much more at TMP and elsewhere. Indulge in some "high end" beverages at new low prices!
Hungry? TMP offers food discounts, too; and you can take advantage of its newly expanded menu until around 1:30 a.m. Order one of the appetizers and you're entitled to a 20% discount off that item's list price.
EXCLUSIVELY ME IS VENDING
Be sure to welcome back Exclusively Me Jewelry (http://exclusivelymejewelry.tumblr.com) at some point when you're not dancing or imbibing. Its proprietor, Beth, is a graduate of the Savannah College of Art and Design, and a professional jewelry designer/creator in Fairfax, VA. Her wares include unique, handcrafted necklaces, earrings, and much more, all very reasonably priced. Don't see precisely what you're looking for? Then talk to Beth about custom design pieces. She's also happy to discuss repair work and arrange for jewelry-making lessons!
WE ALWAYS OFFER YOU MORE...
* FREE CAKE -- We'll be celebrating the b'day of Belle this Saturday, so you know there will be free cake shortly after the witching hour. Best also to these folks, some of whom should be joining us: Karen, Effie, DJ Padraic, Viva, Liz B., Nancy, Marcus, Joanna, Tiffany, Cathy, Heather, and Dan.
Congrats again to Amy and Jasper on their recent wedding, btw!
* ENTER THE DRAWING -- We'll be giving away CDs, DVDs, and another $10.00 food coupon in this week's drawing. Track down our literature table when you arrive, fill out one of the drawing slips, drop it into the nearby cauldron, and you're eligible.
* DISCOUNT ADMISSION -- Our regular deals are in effect on the 11th. The first 12 people in line when we open enter free. Show your current school ID (must be 18, includes staff as well as students) at the cash table and you'll save $2.00 off the $5.00 cover.
Midnight's going to be rocking again this Saturday. So why battle ants, mosquitoes, and muggers at a picnic in the park when you could hang out with all your spooky friends at TMP instead? We've got outstanding music, shopping, and discounts we know you'll love...
-- Scott & the Midnight crew
MIDNIGHT at The Meeting Place, 1707 L Street NW, Washington, D.C. (202-293-7755)
* now in our 9th year of operation
* 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. on Saturday nights
* bar is now open until 2:45 a.m.
* 1/2 block from the Farragut North Metro (subway) station
* ages 18 to dance, 21 to drink (you MUST show valid ID to enter)
* $5.00 cover, first 12 guests admitted free, other discounts weekly
By the freaks, for the freaks!
For more information, contact: email@example.com