|MIDNIGHT, 5/28--DJs DuJour, Engel, Liebchen; Brass Tactics; extra drink deals!
||[May. 25th, 2011|12:09 pm]
Sure, we know that it's Memorial Day weekend, but why head out of town? Gas prices are up. Airfares are up. Etc. Midnight's cover, on the other hand, remains a very affordable $5.00. Plus we've booked DJs DuJour, Engel, and Liebchen. Brass Tactics will vend, The Meeting Place has added to its drink specials list, we'll serve cake to celebrate several b'days, and there's lots more planned!|
IN THE DJ BOOTH
Let's start with a report on the music. Joining our always popular resident DJ DuJour behind the decks will be two others that we know you love, too:
* Engel (http://www.sinical.net) is one of our "regular guest" DJs. Well known for her love of dark elektro/EBM, she currently specializes in sets composed of dancier futurepop/synthpop from bands such as And One, Code 64, Covenant, De/Vision, Sero.Overdose, State of the Union, and VNV Nation.
* Liebchen, a former Midnight resident, now lives in New York and is making a rare D.C. appearance this Saturday. She's also been a member of the local industrial band XUBERX, performed as a backup vocalist for The Dark Clan, and spun at numerous Baltimore and Washington gothic/industrial events.
The three of them are guaranteed to keep you dancing until the city grinches force us to pull the plug around 3:00 a.m.
EXTRA DRINK DEALS!
Do your drinking with us this weekend, and you'll avoid having to share a bar with dumb preppies and sand-covered beach bums. From 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. it's two-for-one beverages time. Order one qualifying beer or cocktail at full price during that period, and you're entitled to another of the same free any time prior to last call (around 2:45 a.m.). Then, from 10:00 on, you can save with these bargains:
* $3.00 + tax -- lemon drop shots
* $4.00 + tax -- all beers, domestic & imported, bottled & draft
* $4.00 + tax -- all "rail drinks"
* $5.00 + tax -- Bombay Sapphire cocktails
* $5.00 + tax -- Captain Morgans
* $6.00 + tax -- Grey Goose (all flavors)
* $6.00 + tax -- Jameson Irish Whiskey
Of course TMP will also be pouring its house specialty, "black death shooters," all evening for $2.00.
Hungry? Take advantage of TMP's newly expanded menu until around 1:30 a.m. Oh, and if you order anything from the appetizer menu, you're entitled to a 20% discount off that item's list price.
BRASS TACTICS WILL VEND
Over in the usual vendors corner you'll find Brass Tactics, which sells "jewelry from a steampunk universe: a Victorian era filled with war-zeppelins, mad scientists and bomb-throwing black lanternists." Each of its jewelry items is "made using parts from antique machines." Be sure to stop by the BT tables and look over its unique merchandise!
NATURALLY THERE'S MORE...
* FREE CAKE, OF COURSE -- Shortly after the witching hour, look for free slices to be served in honor of Carsia's b'day. Best wishes also to Shauna, Jessi Rose, Stefanie, Angel, Blake, Cristal, Nancy, Brit, Patti, Adrienne, Irene, and Veronica. We're in pastry negotiations with several of them as well.
* ENTER THE DRAWING -- Around the same time as our weekly obeisance to the American baking industry, our DJs will select the drawing winners. Fill out one of the slips on our literature table, place it in the nearby cauldron, and you're eligible to win a Seraphim Shock CD, a DVD, or a $10.00 food coupon.
* DISCOUNT ADMISSION -- Our regular discounts are in effect on the 28th. The first dozen people in line when we open get to enter free. Show your current high school (must be 18) or college (includes staff) ID at the cash table and you'll save $2.00.
So why go out of town this Saturday? Midnight's got all the right stuff, and at a lower cost. It's where "the party" is!
-- Scott & the Midnight crew
* MANY THANKS to Spider Lilies (http://www.spiderliliesmusic.com) for another fantastic show on the 21st!
* WANNA VEND? Then talk to Scott on Saturdays or e-mail our Vendors Coordinator, Jenn Hammond, at firstname.lastname@example.org
* COAT CHECK service (think coats, bags, vendor purchases, etc.) is available year-round for a minimal $2.00 fee in the Back Hall. Leave it with Lisa!
* DJ LOST and Chayney reportedly have started a new online business called A Better Way (http://betterway.mychoices.biz/) that ships household products you need regularly. No lines, no gas, no parking hassles...
OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS
Thursday, May 26 -- The Clockwork Dolls perform live with Ego Likeness at Goth Prom (at Town Danceboutique, 2009 8th Street NW, Washington) [http://www.theclockworkdolls.com]
Friday, May 27 -- Wasteland at Jimmy Valentine's (1103 Bladensburg Road NE, Washington); DJs Medusa & Strange spin goth & darkwave; 21+ only, no cover (http://www.medusapromotions.com)
MIDNIGHT at The Meeting Place, 1707 L Street NW, Washington, D.C. (202-293-7755)
* now in our 9th year of operation
* 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. on Saturday nights
* bar is now open until 2:45 a.m.
* 1/2 block from the Farragut North Metro (subway) station
* ages 18 to dance, 21 to drink (you MUST show valid ID to enter)
* $5.00 cover, first 12 guests admitted free, other discounts weekly
By the freaks, for the freaks!
For more information, contact: email@example.com