|MIDNIGHT, April 16--DJs DuJour, Gleek, C'dave; plus "open bar"!
||[Apr. 13th, 2011|02:57 pm]
Did you miss us on the 9th? This Saturday, April 16, Midnight's going to be open and rocking once again, with DJs DuJour, Gleek, and Cheetahdave spinning the dance music, and The Meeting Place providing us with some outstanding drink specials--including an hour of "open bar"! Read on for all the details on this week and news re April 23 as well...|
IN THE DJ BOOTH
The 16th is going to be a great evening to dance, since we've booked three of the local scene's top DJs, each of whom is both request friendly and eager to introduce you to some of the best new gothic/industrial music:
* DuJour made her professional debut at Midnight back in May 2005, and from the very start she has shown a remarkable talent for luring people out onto the dance floor. She's also been a resident DJ at The Blue Iguana's '80s Night, and has guested for III, Ascension, Bound, The Dawning, Umlaut, etc.
* Gleek's sets always kick ass, perhaps because, when not attending hockey games and XUBERX concerts, he just has to be spending hours on end scouting for and ordering new music to get you dancing. Also a one-time resident for The Blue Iguana, he spins everything from '80s new wave to industrial.
* Cheetahdave began his DJ career in college radio and returned to the decks in 2006. Founder of the popular local band XUBERX (http://www.myspace.com/xuberxnoise), he's equally comfortable playing industrial, EBM, electro, goth, punk, post-punk, and even '80s sets.
This trio will definitely keep you hopping until the city forces us to pull the plug around 3:00 a.m.
"OPEN BAR"--PLUS LOTS OF DRINK SPECIALS!
Depressed about how much cash the feds are pocketing from you this year? Well, The Meeting Place is the perfect place to drown your sorrows. On the 16th it's offering us:
* an hour of limited "open bar"! -- From 9:00 to 10:00 p.m., you can imbibe free domestic beers (bottles and drafts) and "rail drinks" at TMP. Just don't forget to be polite and tip your bartender! (The usual early, two-for-one deal will return April 23.)
* super drink specials the rest of the night! -- From 10:00 until last call (around 2:45 a.m.), you can save money by ordering "rail drinks" for $4.00; all beers, imported and domestic, draft (17 oz.!) and bottled for $5.00; Bombay Sapphire cocktails for $5.00; Captain Morgans for $5.00; Grey Goose for $6.00 (all flavors); or Jameson Irish Whiskey for $6.00. And don't forget the house specialty, the black death shooters, for $2.00. (All prices are + tax.)
"Open bar" or no, we encourage you to drink responsibly, designate a driver, plan to take Metro, cab it home, and/or indulge in some of TMP's food options, normally available until 1:30 a.m. Order any item from their appetizer menu and you're entitled to a 20% discount off its regular (list) price.
NATURALLY THERE'S MORE...
* ENTER THE DRAWING -- Locate our literature table when you arrive, fill out one of the drawing slips, and place it in the nearby cauldron. That makes you eligible to win one of the CDs, DVDs, food coupons, etc., we give away each Saturday.
* FREE CAKE -- Expect free cake distribution shortly after the witching hour in celebration of the b'day of Paige, who recently turned 21. Best wishes, too, to Osiris, Danielle, Brix, Jude, Laura, Grace, Brittany, Melanie, Subi, Jennifer, Kitty, Rachel, Sara, Willow, Shaun, Crysa, Luna, and Sandra--some of whom should also be joining us.
* ADMISSION DISCOUNTS -- "Open bar" or no, all our usual discount admission deals are in force this week. The first dozen guests in line when we open will enter free, and if you show your current high school (must be 18) or college (includes faculty, staff) ID at the cash table, you'll save $2.00 off our already low $5.00 cover.
COMING APRIL 23
We're throwing a special party for you on the 23rd as well. Look for the full story in next week's mailing; but you can definitely expect a live show by the always popular Cassandra Syndrome (http://www.cassandrasyndrome.com), DJ sets by Solaries and DuJour, extra giveaways and appropriate (inappropriate?) videos for our annual Bettie Page b'day bash, vending by Succubus Arts, great drink specials, and more!
Wow! This is definitely one of those weeks to remind you that Midnight always offers you more and charges you less on Saturdays. In D.C. it's THE weekend party not to miss, and we hope to see you out on the 16th!
-- Scott & the Midnight crew
MIDNIGHT at The Meeting Place , 1707 L Street NW , Washington , D.C. (202-293-7755)
* now in our 9th year of operation
* 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. on Saturday nights
* bar is now open until 2:45 a.m.
* 1/2 block from the Farragut North Metro (subway) station
* ages 18 to dance, 21 to drink (you MUST show valid ID to enter)
* $5.00 cover, first 12 guests admitted free, other discounts weekly
By the freaks, for the freaks!
For more information, contact: email@example.com